13 Things You Didn't Know About ... Ed RomanowskiIt's easy to learn about someone's company with a few mouse clicks. But because Vacation Ownership is a people business, we want to introduce you to the People of CVOA. Each month we will profile a CVOA member, highlighting "13 Things You Didn't Know About" the person.
This month we introduce you to Ed Romanowski, CVOA's Board Chair.
A Few Things Almost Everyone Knows About Ed:
Where I'm From: Born and raised in Winnipeg and in 1977, transplanted to Alberta for a career. My family and I live in Calgary.
Family: In addition to my Bellstar family, my wife Alice and I have a 19 year old son, Ryan, who is studying Business at Mount Royal University.
Career: Over past 11 years, I have served as President and Founder of Bellstar Hotels & Resorts.
Passions: All aspects of the hotel and hospitality industry.
13 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Ed:
1. Reading: “Good Leaders Learn: Lessons
from Lifetimes of Leadership” by Gerard Seijts
I Joined This Great industry: In 1973, Professor Donald Stone at the University of Winnipeg really got me interested in the development and
marketing of tourism and hospitality businesses; I have pursued jobs and
investments in all faucets of the industry ever since
Top 3 Passions: Bellstar, family and travel with my family
4. Forgotten Achievement That Makes Me Feel “Older”: I ran a 2 hour and 39 minute marathon many years ago
5. Next On My Bucket List: A Formula 1 Grand Prix event combined with serious food and beverage experiences
6. First Job Ever: Newspaper carrier for the two major newspapers in Winnipeg7. Job That Paid For My Education: Gas jockey and service technician at my Dad’s service station
9. Favourite Recreation: Running and golf with my family
10. Favourite Vacation Destinations: Canmore, Okanagan, Kokanee Springs, Arizona and Hawaii
11. Favourite Beverages: Black coffee and red wines from everywhere
12. Favourite Food: I’ll try almost anything at least once!13. Favourite Annual Holiday: Christmas and New Year’s Eve with family