13 Things You Didn't Know About ... Greg Crist
This month we introduce you to Greg Crist, a CVOA Director & CEO of the National Timeshare Owners Association.
A Few Things Almost Everyone Knows About Greg:
Where I Grew Up: Born on the West Coast of Florida and raised in the Great Smokey Mountains of Tennessee.
Family: My Beautiful Wife: Christy, Two Dogs and a Cat
Hobbies: I enjoy Traveling, Boating and our Timeshare
Food & Drink: I love any kind of grilled seafood and enjoy cookouts with family and friends. We mix a fair amount of wine with those events.
What I Drive: E-Class Mercedes
13 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Greg:
1. What I'm Reading: I'm currently reading a book I bought in the U.K. by Geoff Ramm called “OMG Marketing!”
2. What I'm Watching: I'm watching a lot of politics in the U.S. and specifically in Florida.
3. Who I'm Following: I'm a huge fan of Tony Robbins and Dave Ramsey
4. What's On My iPod: A lot of Audio Books and some really good old Rock and Roll
5. Always On My Desk: I have a paperweight that says: "Genius is nothing more than great patience"
6. Who I Looked Up To As A Kid: My hero's growing up were professional baseball players, No one could deny the early 80's Phillies who held Spring Training in my home town of Clearwater. The game taught me that when you work together as a team, you can reach for and hit your goals. Thanks for everything TUG!!
7. What I Wanted To Be When I Grew Up: My dad was a recreational pilot and I wanted to fly planes in the Air Force (I spent a lot of time right seat).
8. First Job Ever: At 13, I washed cars after school and on weekends at a car lot. I learned how to drive a car long before I was 16.
9. First Job In Hospitality: I was a food busser and dishwasher at 15. It was all of the hours I could handle and a lot of dishes and pans.
10. How I Joined This Crazy Industry: My parents started in the timeshare industry in the 70's. My aunt was a booth rep, my mom was a tour rep and my dad was a sales manager at a resort in Tennessee. I'm second generation. Timeshares have been owned in my family for decades and I loved the experiences we had growing up. We've carried on some of those traditions and now we work to help owners get the most enjoyment out of timesharing as possible.
11. Who I'd Like To Sit Next To On A Flight: Anthony Bourdain from "Parts Unknown" This guy has traveled and seen it all, not to mention he is one very serious chef.
12. Window or Aisle: Got to go Window - I love to fly and I like to see things from the 35,000 foot view. Anytime you need a dose of reality, just look down and see how much bigger the world really is.
13. What I'm Passionate About? I'm passionate about social responsibility and I'm engaged at various levels. For the last 10 years, I've worked to make healthcare accessible for those in my community who do not have access to needed medical services. The Tampa Bay Healthcare Collaborative serves a four county area coordinating free healthcare services and resources for thousands of people who are underserved. Those who are willing to pay it forward, stand on the line and serve and truly dedicate themselves to improving something in this world are the people you will find me closely associated with.